Friday, September 25, 2009

Great Chocolate Cake

Thanks Rhoda for hosting this great recipe exchange.

Cake Ingredients:
1 stick margarine
1 cup sugar
4 eggs, stir in 1 at a time
tsp. vanilla
1 cup plain flour
tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 16 Ounce can Hershey Chocolate Syrup

Cake Instructions:
Mix above ingredients and pour in greased and floured 9" x 13" pan.
Bake at 350F for 30 minutes

Icing Instructions:
1 stick margarine
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup evaporated milk
Bring to boil for 3 minutes
Remove from heat
Add 1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 tsp. vanilla
Stir until chocolate chips have melted

Pour icing over warm cake. Enjoy!

Cake will keep refrigerated for a long time!
Cut and warm individual pieces for a few seconds in the microwave to enjoy this cake warm. Yummy!

Have a SWEET weekend,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

P. S. Thanks to K. C. for sharing this delicious recipe with me (again)!

5 comments:

Tamara Ann said...

Yumm-O! This sounds like a chocolate lover's paradise! Thanks for your comment on my blog as well, it is a small world. I LOVED going to Gator baseball games while I was there. My roommate (who was a grad student at the time) was actually an academic advisor for some of the players so I went to quite a few with her.

The Milams said...

the EXTRA large piece that I inhaled to day was delish! I enjoyed it immensely, but please knock me out if I ever try to eat that big a piece again!

Allison Shops said...

Sounds delicious! Chocolate cake is my favorite. Chocolate anything is my favorite! lol

sweetjeanette said...

oh my! Chocolate syrup? YUM-O! Choc frosting sounds delish too!!!
Thanks for sharing.

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

Liz Harrell said...

Oh my goodness... this sounds fantastic!

 
Designed by Lena