Monday, March 2, 2009

Sweet & Spicey

A sweet friend of mine, and one of my favorite 'shop owner' customers Gaylene, who owns "Sweet & Spicey" in Hobbs, New Mexico, called last week to place an order.

While visiting with her I asked how businesses were doing in her part of the country. She responded by saying things seemed slow for all businesses but she tried to encourage her customers when they were in her store. She said, "In fact I need a tile particularly for my store". I told her alright and asked what exactly she wanted to display there. The tile above was the saying she wanted, hoping this would give all of her customers a sense of security, even in these tough economic times.

If you're ever in her area, please go by and say 'hi'! Gaylene is an exceptionally wonderful lady who I have grown to love since we've known each other.

Give generously, for your gifts will return to you later...
It is a wonderful thing to be alive!
If a person lives to be very old,

let him rejoice in every day of life,
but let him also remember that eternity is far longer

and that everything
down here is futile in comparison.

Ecclesiastes 11:1,7-8 TLB

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena