Thursday, January 8, 2009

Breaking Advertising News


A dear friend of mine from Georgia visited the Coca-Cola Museum a few months ago and bought me a plate and drinking cup for my birthday advertising infamous TAB:)

I have it proudly displayed over my kitchen sink and one of the kids noticed it a few days ago and asked if I'd bought a complete set of this for us to use on a daily basis!

Some basic TAB facts:

-You know you're old when you remain addicted to TAB after all of these years
-"Tab's Got Sass" is the 'very catchy phrase' Coke used for advertising Tab back in oh....the 70's
-You become concerned when the first grandson LOVES the taste of TAB and wonder if he'll be walking around with a hot pink can in his hand for the rest of his life
-When Tripp loves to grab a sip while saying, "I needed a kick"
-When the local druggist is the only place in town to buy TAB...he is addicted too, therefore the ladies working for him NEVER let him run out. There have been times when I've gone in to purchase some, and when the supply was running low, they've turned me down, telling me they cannot work for him when he doesn't have his TAB FIX
-In desperate times a sweet friend in Dallas HAS had some delivered to me
-Yes, Jim and I are both "Tabaholics" ... we don't have meetings yet, and we're hoping that since my brother in law has worked for Coca-Cola 40+ years, he can help keep TAB in the line as long as Jim and I live
-A local man DID call me one day and said, "My name is ________, and I hear you are a TAB drinker" :) He told me of a local convenience store that still sells it and has it in their cooler and he went on to tell me it is 'best' straight out of the cooler. I haven't checked this out yet, but who knows when that desperate day will come...

I on the other hand prefer mine 'on the rocks'!

In other 'breaking advertising news', I am proud to be advertising on BigMama's Blog! I am thrilled beyond words! She has a great story to tell today...and every day! Check out her side-bar.

With help from a friend I purchased a "button" this week, so if you'd like, please grab the code and add it to your blog.

Blessings to all of you,
Kaye

"May the Lord continually bless you
with heaven's blessings as well as with human joys." Psalm 128:5 TLB

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena