Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Hope all Mom's had a wonderfully blessed day yesterday.

Zachary made this pot for me when he was 2 years old.
He gave it to me with a beautiful hydrangea and it was
one of the most meaningful gifts I'd ever received.
I placed the plant outside for the summer where it
flourished. This special pot was recovered after the fire
in 2005 and still has smudge marks on it.
I brought it back in our home and have
placed an ivy in it that was given to me by a friend.
I found these potted mixtures of various plants last week
to give to the girls for Mother's Day.
This strawberry cake was made on Friday in memory
of my Mom. The last time I saw her was on Mother's Day
of 1998. She always made this cake for Mother's Day weekend
for us to enjoy. It is a simple but delicious cake that my
little brother, Korky & I always fought over (ha).
He and I would spend the entire weekend 'evening' it out:)
Since we could never cut a 'straight' piece, we always thought
we needed to straighten the cut by adding more of this to
our plates. Needless to say, there was never any
leftover Strawberry Cake.

I was very blessed yesterday by a video message from
Ali Grace, and a visit by Mary Katherine and her family.
She surprised me with a CD of East to West performed
by our Church last Sunday, that neither she nor I were
able to attend. It is a fantastic CD! We are blessed to
have such wonderful talent of musicians at FBC Mt. Pleasant.
She also surprised me with a cute shirt and a very
meaningful card and honored me with a rose at Church.

Because of a very hectic weekend, I was not able to go
to dinner at Christy's.
She and Bret were sweet to hosts Mom's
and her Grandmother yesterday evening.
Since we hosted a skeet shoot
Friday and Saturday for Relay for Life,
(photos and stories to come later),
and I have work (which is a blessing)
that is seriously backed up and most
of which I have a deadline of for today I opted to work
instead of going to her dinner:(
I have been and am still engraving for the
"famous" Outhouse Races which
will be held next weekend, here in Mt. Pleasant.

I cannot imagine my life without
3 very special step-children.
They mean the world to me and I am honored to
be a part of their lives.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for
allowing me to be a part of your lives and to
have a part of your children's lives.

Blessings always,
Kaye
Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

The Milams said...

We cannot imagine life without our stepmonster...

Thank you for not adding WHY we were not able to make it to the musical. Still mad!

I love you. MK

 
Designed by Lena