Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Save a Diaper, bless a Mom!

Please help me...help Marla!!!! I don't think the links 'copied', so please visit her site where you can click away! Thanks in advance for helping our sweet friend. Blessings always, Kaye

Please go to Marla Taviano. The post below was written by Marla yesterday, May 4, 2009.

Errrrrrnt! Errrrrrrnt! Errrrrrnt! We interrupt our regularly scheduled Zoo Programming to bring you this Not-Really-Urgent-(But-Sort-Of) Message.

I need your help.

My book, Changing Your World One Diaper at a Time, is in trouble. It’s just not selling very quickly, and I’d really hate for it to face early retirement (like Blushing Bride did). I’ve gone ’round and ’round before on the blog about how it makes me squirm to promote my books and all that jazz. But, bottom (ha!) line, if people don’t buy my books, the publisher stops printing them. And besides that being a big bummer for me personally and professionally, I think it’s a good example of poor stewardship. I know God wants me to give this my all. So, I’m going to.

Here’s how you can help, if you’re so inclined:

1. You can click on this link and buy the book (through my Amazon store, not from me–I’m out of books at the moment) for a special mom for Mother’s Day. Now, I can’t promise that she’ll get the book in time for Sunday, so here’s what I’ll do. If you buy the book, e-mail me and let me know. Give me the name and address of the gal you bought it for, and as a thank you to you, I’ll send her a special Mother’s Day card that should get there in time. (How about we make the deadline Wednesday at noon?)

2. If you bought a copy of the book for someone awhile back and think a Mother’s Day card would make them smile, you can e-mail me too. I’m just going to ask you to donate $1 through paypal to cover costs, and I’ll tell you how to do that when you e-mail me.

3. If you’ve read the book and liked it, would you give a one-sentence reason why others might like it too? :)

4. If you have a blog and would like to review the book, my publisher will send you a free copy in exchange for your review. E-mail me with your name, address, blog address.

5. I have lots of postcards advertising the book. If you’d like some to pass out at your church or moms’ group, let me know!

6. And most libraries and bookstores will stock books on patron’s/customers’ recommendations, if you’re up for that.

Thanks, friends! You’re the best! And would you do me one last favor? Would you pray this week with me for our dear friends who long to be moms and for those who have lost little ones? I’ve got a few that are super close to my heart, and I’m crying out to God on their behalf extra this week.

Blessings!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena